Three-way breakfast in a flash

A nice soft-cooked egg and a slice of ham or sausage patty slipped between two slices of an English muffin or a bagel.

Sound like a good breakfast? It's my favorite.

Trouble is, I work at home, so I don't want to drive to a fast-food restaurant to buy one. And I'm not all that slick with a skillet.

So, wouldn't it be great, I thought, if there was a machine that could crank out all the components of an egg-and-sausage sandwich with one flick of a switch? Imagine my surprise when I discovered there is just such a machine.It's called the West Bend Egg and Muffin Toaster and it costs $40 from sources like amazon.com and Bed, Bath & Beyond.

It has a pair of standard toasting slots that can take bread, English muffins, bagel slices, or even a sliced croissant. And hanging on the end of the toaster is a little steaming chamber. There's room in there for one egg -- poached or scrambled -- or for four eggs  to be hard boiled. A grill that sits on top of the egg chamber will warm a sausage patty or slice of good Kentucky ham while the egg is cooking.

And it's all done at once, with minimal human intervention. Push a single button and everything pops up hot and toasty in about four minutes. And that's a lot faster than a trip to the golden arches.  



No comments:

Post a Comment